Print this page!

Sunday, April 25, 2021

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

 Hahahaa!  I love the end of April, especially the 26th.   Spring is in full bloom, and it's birthday time for me.  The beautiful month of May is around the corner with its perfect weather, Mother's Day, and Memorial Day celebrations.  I've never been fond of huge parties, but I love a small intimate gathering.  The table is set, so let the fun begin!

This table setting has been a work in progress.   It started long ago with the yellow-gold Boston International, Honeycomb pattern dessert/salad plates featuring embossed honeycomb and bee accent.  Then a couple years ago, my beautiful bestie, Rosemary, gifted me the teapot with a bee finial on the lid.  Since then, I added the table cloth, an eBay find, and the coordinating dinner setting, Mikasa, Fine Ivory Royalty.  I love the delicate flower in the pattern with its pop of bold yellow and the embossed rims.  Salad/soup bowls are coming this week.   I stalked Horchow for 3 years, and finally got the Wallace, Stainless with gold accent Napoleonic Bee Flatware (a BD gift last year from Hubs).  This year he gave me a Nikon D3500 camera.  Yep, he's the best.💖

Tomorrow, dinner will be delivered by our favorite local Italian restaurant:  mussels fra Diavolo with pasta, and salad.   Dessert is a Carvel ice cream cake served with Lapsang tea of course.  Yummmmmm!



May 14, 2021:  More Thoughts on this subject!

Birthday and Mother's Day have come and gone!   This tablescape is being retired, but before I say goodbye, I did a sketch and watercolor of the botanical on the plate which is an herb: Tormentil, Pontentilla Erecta.






No comments:

Post a Comment