Print this page!

Monday, September 6, 2021

SUNFLOWERS AND BUFFALO CHECK

It's Labor Day today.   Where did the summer go?    New York City Schools start Monday, September13th, and I've begun to decorate with sunflowers, apples, and pumpkins.

Below is a "Back to School" vignette.  Are you ready, kids?

I like buffalo check, and it, too, reminds me of fall.   Of all the colors that look pretty with this motif, my favorite is sunflower yellow.   In my hunt for a few buffalo-checked items to set my table, I did a storyboard to see what would please my eye.

A storyboard is useful for me as I can add and delete ideas as they pop into my head.  I considered using a white or apple green tablecloth but loved the beige as it calmed down the palette.
My final task was to make a flower arrangement with sunflowers and my favorite white flowers, spider mums, which are also in season in the late summer, early fall.  As it turned out, I made two arrangements. One for a gift using a pretty white pitcher from Homegoods as the vase pictured below, and one for my table using a white gourd pitcher with a grey handle which I already had.

House warming gift for Renee:

The arrangement for my table:

Buffalo check table setting:


Sixteen days of summer left!   The autumn equinox is September 22, 2021.   
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment