Print this page!

Tuesday, June 15, 2021

SUMMER BEGINS WITH FATHER'S DAY FABULOUSNESS

They're here!  Summer and Father's Day.  We're ready to roll with a full tank on the BBQ and the table all pretty.  I surprised my husband, Vincent, today with his Father's Day table setting which includes his favorite tea set; a Clarice Cliff reproduction by the Modern Museum of Art (NYC).   He loved the surprise and was struck by the tall cobalt blue champagne flutes, Holiday Gem by Lenox.  "Where did you get those?" he asks.  "For pennies on eBay, I respond"  He knows it wasn't "pennies"😂
The plates are Mikasa MIKADO, the SP flatware was my Grandmother's, Yourex, Lady Washington.  In the middle of the table is an Imari Japanese bowl (unknown).  Hand-painted water (red wine) goblets and cobalt blue wine flutes (unknown).    I made the orange berry napkin rings.  Since it's Father's day, I set out one of his pipes in a stone ashtray.  He no longer smokes a pipe, but as you can see by the wooden cigar boxes, he enjoys a smoke after a good meal.
The only food request so far is my heavenly coconut cake.  We'll figure out the rest of the menu as time goes by.
One quick note.  I purposely set a third place setting in honor of our Dad's, and I'll remember my father with these words:   
Although you can't be here with me
We're truly not apart,
Until the final breath I take,
You're living in my heart.










No comments:

Post a Comment