Print this page!

Friday, July 16, 2021

CHRISTMAS IN JULY!

 I love to do a few things for the holidays in July.   It's fun to be ready when November/December approaches.   I have four decorative deer, a tabletop sitting deer which I changed from a glittery gray to white with gold accents, and a white wall-mounted stag head both of which I bought last summer.  I got a great deal on the stag head, $10 at HomeGoods because an antler was broken which took me two minutes to fix when I got it home.  I also have two silvertone metal standing stags (I'm thinking about painting them white).  

This year I added a pair of deer, sitting and standing.  Again, I got a deal because an antler had come off the sitting deer, and again, a quick fix.   Also, they had these horrible holiday collars around their necks.  Those came off, but there were two holes drilled in the neck which I filled with wood putty and dabbed over with white paint.  So my collection has grown to six.


Deer before repair
Deer Collection (after repair)

I have a few Christmas gifts for my daughter.   I would like to send them off to her at the end of October.  So far I'm giving her a white faux fur hide, A gift box of hot cocoa bombs, and a lovely set of Godinger cocoa mugs.  After scouring the internet, Amazon, Etsy, and ebay, I decided on a set from ebay.  They match her Christmas decor, and I know she'll love them. I'll hunt for an article of clothing for her, something for her fiance, Marty, and a little something for her three puppies. Then off it goes!





No comments:

Post a Comment