Print this page!

Sunday, October 31, 2021

HALLOWEEN 2021

The Table is Set!
The seeds for this year's spookiness were inspired by a post on Pinterest.  Even though it was only July, I was scrolling through for Halloween ideas when I came across this great vignette that had a creepy hand in it.   Ok, now I was on a mission!  After stalking ebay, Etsy, and Amazon, I found it!   One problem, when it arrived, the hand was green, but I wanted a white, ghostly hand.  So, of course, I painted it.  Voila, exactly what I wanted.  Next was the need for a black lace tablecloth.  This was my idea, and I didn't want one of those Halloween lacy spiderwebby coverlets, I wanted one with that "Arsenic and Old Lace" feel to it.  So even though it was July I pulled together the first elements of my Halloween tablescape.

I tried the black lace over a white tablecloth, but the contrast was too stark, so I opted for a sparkly beige cloth that worked to my liking.

After the hand and tablecloth, came a few other items, like skulls and fans.   I found two plates at HomeGoods that worked perfectly with my scheme.  They featured a "Mr.& Mrs." skull.  Black and Beige on a creamy white background, the plates were made in England, and I love them.

The week of Halloween rolled around, and I set my table and decorated the fireplace.  The fireplace was a repeat of last year, but the table setting was my new creation.   The two tall topiaries were acquired many years ago and they seem to spice things up.  I enjoy Halloween and always prepare my classic chili served with a cold glass of white wine.  Trick or Treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment