Print this page!

Thursday, November 11, 2021

CELLAR MADNESS, CONTINUED

Not a whole lot of news on the cellar purge.  I am about 75% finished, and I need to figure out what to do with a table full of junk that should all be tossed.   I'm thinking about putting it out in my driveway with a big sign:  Free:  take what you want, but leave the table! 

The most shocking revelation was how many candles I have.  I swear, more than a couple hundred including a bag of tea lights.    I never throw away a candle if there's any life in it at all...may come in handy someday. 

This week was a nightmare.  I had a stubborn clog in my kitchen sink that took the plumber a couple days to find and clear.  I had him fix a leaky drain trap in the upstairs bathroom while he was at it.   Then there was the home appraisal for our refi (lower interest rates!).    I did several days of prep for that including fixing my bedroom ceiling which suffered some water damage a few years ago from the Central A/C unit in the attic.   The A/C was replaced shortly thereafter, but I never had the ceiling repaired.  I discovered that my bedroom ceiling is wood, as this house is almost 100 years old.  I managed to patch all the scratch coat but wasn't able to paint.  Why? you ask.  Because I bought the wrong dang paint.  I bought a "base" paint and thought it was white.  Wrong!   A base paint needs pigment, regardless of color.  Lesson learned.  Preparing for the appraiser also forced me to patch all the cracks in the cellar floor.  I used DryLok "Plug", a quick-drying concrete product.  Today the appraiser came, and he was in and out in 1/2 hour.  So I spent the rest of the day relaxing, except for the part where I went back to Home Depot to exchange the paint (sigh).

 And lastly, I found a cute coffee pot from 1946 on ebay.  I bid $4.95, and I'm sure I'll win the auction.  I can just see my 4 quirky girl cups gathered around this coffee pot.



No comments:

Post a Comment