Print this page!

Monday, November 22, 2021

CELLAR MADNESS, NEVERENDING

The cute 1946 coffee pot?   Well, I didn't win the bid. Someone outbid me, and when I attempted to increase my bid, I got to $8.50 and counting, so I stopped, and let the other bidder have it.  I didn't really need it as I would have used it decoratively.  I continued to look for something that would go with my quirky girls, and I found it!   A sweet light blue polka dot coffee/teapot that I can actually use.  Here's the set so far.   I found a pretty small bowl in my cache from the cellar that goes nicely with the set (bowl is not pictured), and on its way is a set of two darling harlequin baby clowns that will join the set.  I'll post a new picture in my next post.

What in the world does this have to do cleaning out my cellar?  Nothing.  Absolutely nothing.  That's what happens when you segue. 

Ok, back to the cellar.  It looks great, but I have a table full of "junk" in the basement that needs tending to.  I have to part with most of it and am struggling with that thought.   

I did manage to hang the 3 cassette tape racks (each one was 2' x 1.75').  Vinnie didn't want me to get rid of them, so I found a bare wall in the basement that was perfect for them.   It wasn't without drama.   I got the bright idea to hang them with alien tape.  I hung them up, and all was well for about 3 hours.  While I was in the kitchen cleaning up the dinner dishes, suddenly, CRASH!  Ohhhh, man!  Yes, it was one of the racks.  It suffered some damage in the fall.  The backing came off, and there were cassettes scattered everywhere.   What a mess.  A second rack was coming loose, so I took it down before it could fall.  I was so discouraged, I couldn't face fixing the problem, for a week.  I finally went down to the basement yesterday to rehang the racks.  I was able to reattach the backing on the one rack and got both racks hung up with the one rack that didn't fall.  So finally and once again, all three were back on the wall.   I added two drywall screws to each of them to avert any future crashes.  Sometimes success comes after failure and not giving up.  There's always a lesson in life.
From the cellar floor to a basement wall!


That's the extent of my recent progress.  More to come...stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment