Print this page!

Saturday, February 5, 2022

FEBRUARY...AND BABY, IT'S COLD OUTSIDE!

💕 BE MY VALENTINE 💕

Such a lovely sentiment...showing our love for one another...and the memories!  Thinking back to grammar school when we would make red heart envelopes out of construction paper and pin them up on the bulletin board, then bring in those little valentines for our classmates and secretly place them in the handmade pouches. Look at the old telephone on this Valentine!    


The Candy!  I still love Red Hots, message hearts, and Hershey Kisses.  I buy them every year.  Well, not so sure about the R-rated messages, and who knew red hots were "fat free" (and who cares?)

                          



That being the traditional side of me, the unconventional side no longer wants the bright red colors.  I prefer the burgundy/maroon reds with pinks as in my Homer Laughlin bread plates:





 Feathers belong in the setting as well.  They are soft, fluffy, and romantic and look gorgeous in my Grandmother's vase which celebrates the same palette.

My table is almost ready except for the napkins which have been shipped and should arrive in a couple days.  They're cotton April Cornell with a soft cranberry-toned floral print of mums.  I also have a few goodies coming from Hobby Lobby and a heart bundt pan from Amazon.  I'm absolutely incorrigible.



Next post, my Valentine's table.


No comments:

Post a Comment