Print this page!

Wednesday, February 23, 2022

OCR NAPKIN RING and KING'S RANSOM by ROYAL ALBERT (update)

After searching ebay, Etsy, and Pinterest for the perfect napkin rings for my Old Country Roses table setting, I concluded that I would have to make them because anything that came close to my vision was overpriced, and not exactly what I wanted.  The burgundy napkins make a nice backdrop for the napkin rings and are reminiscent of a bridal bouquet.



In my previous post about my collection of Royal Albert's Old Country Roses, I wrote that the 1921 RA pattern, King's Ransom, was Harold Holdcroft's inspiration for OCR, and how I was on a quest to find a King's Ransom teacup and saucer.   I found them on ebay and put in a bid.   The item had three more days of auction, and I was outbid the day before the auction ended which was scheduled for 7:00 am the next morning, so rather than immediately rebid, only to be outbid and jack up the price, I set the alarm for 6:30 am so I could make a last-minute bid.   If the other bidder was online and outbid me, I'd let it go, but not everyone is a nut job like me.  Lo' and behold, my strategy worked!  I made my blerrie-eyed bid after the alarm so rudely woke me up and won the cup and saucer!  They're miiiiiine.  Now I have another piece of the Old Country Rose Story.


Royal Albert, King's Ransom


No comments:

Post a Comment